Advent Calendars have long been a wonderful and fun way to prepare for the coming of Christmas. Now a Geppetto’s Toy Box tradition, these beautiful heirloom advent calendars let you customize your kids advent experience. Each numbered door gets opened daily to reveal a special surprise! We have lots of little playful things to place inside the calendar (like mini-figures, jewelry, lip balms, and bath surprises) but you can really get creative! Here are some ideas we have used over the years:
- Roll up a little scroll with a holiday themed joke on it one day and have the answer in the next day!
- Create a special bag of Eleven Cocoa complete with a bit of peppermint or mini marshmallows for a warm treat that day.
- Get yummy truffles, chocolates and marzipan from River Forest Chocolates for some of the days – they’ll even wrap each one individually for you!
- Poems or verses of the season.
- A Kiddie Scoop coupon from Brown Cow Ice Cream.
- Create riddles that the kids have to figure out in order to find that days surprise.
We have an additional list of ideas tucked into every advent calendar box!