Bragging rights and bumper stickers are some of the social forces fueling today’s parenting behavior— and as a result, even well-intentioned parents are behaving badly. Many parents don’t know how best to support their teens, especially when everyone around them seems to be frantically tutoring, managing, and helicoptering. The Parent Compass provides guidance on what parents’ roles should be in supporting their teens’ mental health as they traverse the maze of the adolescent years. For anyone daunted by the unique challenge of parenting well in this pressure-laden and uncertain era, The Parent Compass offers:
- Advice on fostering grit and resilience in your teen
- Strategies to help your teen approach life with purpose
- Guidance on how to preserve your relationship with your teen while navigating a competitive academic environment
- Clear explanations of your appropriate role in the college admission process
- Effective ways to approach technology use in your home, and much more!
Using The Parent Compass to navigate the adolescent years will help you parent with confidence and intention, allowing you to forge a trusting, positive relationship with your teen.
Paperback, 224 pages